Greetings and Happy New Year! Here's the newest issue of our magazine.
Inside you'll find a fresh episode of our podcast with a playlist and commentary by guest DJ and newest member of the Original Fuzz team, Desmond Smith, on the "greatest guitarist that ever lived," Jimi Hendrix. Our Five Minutes With series is back, after a brief hiatus, with LA songstress, Pearl Charles. We explore the state of DIY venues after the Oakland Ghost Ship fire and where they're headed, plus photographer Emily Quirk shows us her favorite shots from one helluva New Year's Eve house show, as part of our DIY series. Our FOUND artist of the month, Matthew Sharer, is the graphic designer behind our first Pioneer Prints series. Get to know him in our interview. We've also got another edition of Mark's Mailbag, where he gives us advice on New Year's resolutions. And, we've got a special food column with recipes on the best thing to eat in the wintertime, soup.
- Podcast Episode # 27: Is Jimi Hendrix Overrated?
- FOUND with Matthew Sharer
- Five Minutes With Pearl Charles
- Disenfranchised Arts Communities Struggle to Exist in a Post-Ghost Ship World
- DIY Nashville: New Year's Eve 2017 Photo Essay by Emily Quirk
- Mark's Mailbag: New Year's Resolutions
- Soups On! Warm Recipes to Satisfy Your Cravings