As our co-host Desmond said via Instagram this morning, “He lived an incredible life. I’m not really sure if there was anything left for him to do.”
So, here we pay tribute with a few of our thoughts, his music, and some clips from old interviews. It closes with B.B. describing one of his primary influences, Lester Young. He’s talking about Lester, but he could have just been talking about himself:
He was one of those people that time didn’t matter.
- “Every Day I Have the Blues (Live at The Regal)” by B.B. King
- “Don’t Answer the Door” by B.B. King
- “Sweet Sixteen, Parts One & Two” by B.B. King
- “Ain’t Nobody Home” by B.B. King
- “There Must Be a Better World Somewhere” by B.B. King