This month Hailey Rowe from YEAH!, which stands for Youth Empowerment through Arts and Humanities, shares her favorite tracks from people that sprung out of the cool non-profit's Southern Girls Rock Camp. Bands like Bully, Those Darlins, and Soccer Mommy have all attended or volunteered for camp. Their mission is to empower youth to become creative, productive, and confident members of the community through artistic education, collaboration, and expression.
They just wrapped up another summer of camp, and have a full-slate of stuff planned for the fall. Check them out and get involved at yeahrocks.org. We asked Hailey to share a playlist inspired by her experiences at camp.
- "222" by Those Darlins from Those Darlins, 2009
- "Hive" by Idle Bloom, 2017
- "Sharktooth" by Bully from Feels Like, 2015
- "Henry" by Soccer Mommy, 2016
- "Born to Be (The Bad Guy)" by Chrystal Shrine