We just got our first hint of spring weather last weekend, and nothing goes better with that than a delicious beer and some good tunes.
This month we're joined by long-time friend and local beer aficionado Tyler Beard. Tyler is an avid homebrewer and works at Craft Brewed, a specialty store here in Nashville that's geared towards homebrewers and beer enthusiasts. Tyler assembled a bunch of his favorite beers and selected a tune to accompany each beer. It was a lot fun.
If you'd like to try this at home our playlist and pairings are below. Please drink responsibly, don't drink and drive, and observe all local laws.
Music and Beer
- "Intro/ Sweet Jane" by Lou Reed from Rock 'n' Roll Animal paired with Brooklyn Sorachi Ace Saison
- "Fire on the Bayou" by The Meters paired with Abita Louisiana Spice Ale
- "Orange blossom Special" by Bill Monroe paired with Falls City Kentucky Common Ale
- "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk paired with Radeberger Pilsner
- "Fishin Blues" by Taj Mahal paired with Dogfish Head Beer to Drink Music to
- "Mango Woman" by Ween paired with my "Mango Woman IPA" homebrew
- "007 (Shanty Town)" by Desmond Dekker paired with a Blonde from Florida or Bell's Hopslam
- "How Blue Can You Get?" by BB king paired with Lazy Magnolia Jefferson Stout
- "Southwick" by Maceo and the Kings Men paired with Wiseacre Gotta Get Up to Get Down Coffee Milk Stout
- "Eros" by Tortoise paired with a sour beer, not sure which one yet
- "I'm so Green" by CAN paired with Oskar Blues IPA
- "And Justice For All ..." by Metallica paired with Bell's Consecrator Doppelbock
- "Smothered in Hugs" by Guided By Voices paired with a warm Miller Lite
Follow Tyler on UnTappd @ "T-Breeze" or on Instagram @ty_beard