Spotify just published the results of their data on college students. It's called How Students Listen. Now it makes sense why they offer the discounted rate to students: they sell their private information and listening habits to advertisers! Genius!
Some interesting tidbits:
- NYU Is the top school for Hipster music.
- Alabama students go to bed early and sleep well. They also like jam bands.
- The Juggalo Genre is listened to less at BYU than at other schools. BYU is also early to bed; early to rise. They are also happy.
- Auburn is the top school for Juggalo music. They're also the top school for Nickleback.
- UGA is late to rise, but early to bed.
- UC Boulder is the top school for Jazz.
- Florida likes Kid Cudi and the Tropical genre. They don't like Lorde or Christian music.
- UCLA is a good school for Future Garage, whatever that is.
- Surprisingly, the University of Michigan is a haven for Latin music and one hit wonders.
The results they shared are for the "Top 40 Musical Universities in America," which means the forty schools that play the most music. Dive into the rabbit hole yourself...