Need a break from forced family convos? Surreptitiously slip your ear buds in and give this a listen.
It’s our Christmas+Holiday playlist special. We recorded this live at Porter Flea in Nashville. Porter Flea is a maker’s market here in Nashville featuring some of the area’s top designers. We asked people passing by our booth and fellow vendors to name their favorite holiday song. It came out way better than we could have hoped. We got some surprisingly good stories from strangers. I guess this time of year brings out the most interesting family lore and specific memories.
It was well worth the hours of awkward stares from Porter Flea attendees and is our holiday gift to you.
- “Have a Little Dreidel and I Made it Out of Clay” by Erran Baron Cohen
- “Player’s Ball” by OutKast
- “Christmas in Killarney” by Bing Crosby
- “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” by Bruce Springsteen
- “Santa Claus Goes Straight to the Ghetto” by James Brown
- “Fairytale of New York” by The Pogues
- “Jingle Bells” by Ella Fitzgerald
- “Blue Christmas” by Elvis
- “Santa Baby” by Madonna
- “Danny Says” by the Ramones
- “I Won’t Decorate Your Christmas Tree” by Loretta Lynn
- “Mrs. Claus’ Kimono” by Drive-By Truckers
- “Frosty the Snowman” by Jimmy Durante
- “Christmas Vacation” by Mavis Staples
- “If We Make it Through December” by Merle Haggard
- “Holiday Road” by Lindsey Buckingham
- “Silent Night” by Willie Nelson
- “Here Was a Man” by Johnny Cash
- “White Christmas” by Otis Redding
- “Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) by Darlene Love live on David Letterman 2014
- “Sleigh Ride” by The Ronettes
- “The Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)” by Bing Crosby & David Bowie
- “Little Saint Nick” by The Beach Boys
- “Christmas Must Be Tonight” by The Band
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” by Weezer
- “Christmas Time Is Here” by Vince Guaraldi Trio
- “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” by Thurl Ravenscroft
- “Jingle Bell Rock” by Bobby Helms
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.